Sunday, April 29, 2012

samaritan and so forth


After working in the studio for a few years, one of the things we soon realized was that the easiest “shot” on the shooting list, usually ended up being the most difficult. Today, the road was flat and straight, and our only main concern was keeping our windows clean when trucks passed. Other then that, it was un-eventful until we were able to drive at slower speeds, and on the smoother roads of Regina. It was then that I realized a low grade noise in the left side and knew I needed to have it looked at. After being turned away at the first two places, we had an answer to prayer and found a service center who cared. The manager asked “Iliac” to stay a bit later, found the part and said if we came back in an hour or so they should be done. After walking through a few box stores in the area, we came back to thank them and were on our way. Its a blessing to be on the receiving end of good customer service (which sometimes requires empathy). We are inspired. We were thankful to be driving smoothly again and very much looking forward to Manitoba!
-Joseph-




we tried to make the mall more interesting, looking it at a "new" angle...but to no avail, we wanted out and were thankful when our time was up and we could start walking back to the repair centre who cared.... 

this was our souvenir from the experience, and its coming home with us, under my front seat

Today we went to Days Inn and they had a pool and a waterslide. The waterslide was a tube. I first down with Joshua and liked it. Then I went all by myself! The tube was dark and spiral and was fast. When I got to the bottom I put my feet out and I went underwater. I think I did it 30 times. I liked it a lot!
-Isaiah-



waiting for "takeout" gives me 20+ minutes to explore downtown...this time it was downtoun Regina, a mixture of old and a bit new, for a province with migratory workers who have been staying more then 4 months in the same hotel we were ( and probably chain smoking)  it had a number of vacant houses in its downtown core...and thus the suburbs were booming with everyone trying to get things done on the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Ah the flat lands. I have been there and seen and been told how beautiful it is. It is but it does get old. Continue to be bless in these ends times of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah - That water slide looks fun! I bet it's wonderful to be able to slide and swim after a long day in the van.

    ReplyDelete